∑∑∑ Dallas, Texas Hip Hop ∆∆∆

dtwine05

if u are not familiar with the dallas area and the music from down here, recent notable song that have came here are songs like dorrough - ice cream paint job, b-hamp - do the ricky bobby, gs boys - stanky leg. dallas is also responsible for the whole "dougie" movement...

I was curious to see if there were any dallas producers, or people familiar with that "dallas sound", that are on future producers. if so i would like to discuss the different techniques, sounds used, and mixing strategies to not only achieve the dallas sound, but to also improve it.

So... WHERE MY TRIPLE D REPRESENTERS AT?? HOLLA AT ME??? (although i am not from dallas. i represent that agg-town {arlington} all day till the death of me)

I just moved to roanoke... lol near arlington i guess... don't know that sound... maybe post some youtube vids of the sound?

im from dallas.....i actually live in arlington and go to school out here. The whole dallas sound is kinda a mix of dance and trap style music. Me personally im not into the whole dalls dance music thing but i have plenty of homeboys who are producers that do so ifu have any questions get at me and i can help you.....oh yea D-TOWN STAY DOWN!!!!!!!

to be honest, that dallas sound isn't my love. but i've had to adapt my taste and style in order to make $$. im more of a flip a sample kinda guy, but i can make a club beat wit the best of them in my opinion. im more about advancing the dallas sound than i am about learning how to make it. i just feel like dallas is on to something good, but it won't last unless we start to evolve rather than recycling the same sound over and over again. versatile g, tell your homies to dial in and bring there input to the board

lol that boogie music is the WORST and its not hip hop this post should be removed this is the worst post EVER but dallas is a cool city i been there tho but the music is trash

ill admit czar most dallas music is trash but there are a few out here who do have talent. But most people want that dougie and stanky leg type music which is kool cuz if u r a producer and want to make money you have to supply the demand, but i really dont consider it true hip hop, it really doesnt have any substance. But i feel u dtwine we do need to evolve this dallas music to make it better. PLus lets not 4get play n skillz r from dallas

lol u know thats one thing i don't like about this site. people are so negative all the time. music is all about preference and taste. whats trash to u may not be trash to other people with different tastes. i play u2 and radiohead for some of my friends and they think its horrible and can't bare to listen to it, but its because its not their preference. just like hyphie bay area music doesn't sound good to a lot of people from other areas, just like east coast music sounds boring to some other areas, and just like how southern music doesn't sound good to some people from other areas... i listen to a lot of people beats on here and i hear people chop/massacre all the sense and music theory out of samples and it sounds bad to me. but its art and im not going to call it trash because art is subjective to personal tastes and opinions...

but neways, if ur not on this discussion for the betterment of dallas hip hop... what are u doing? it would probably be more productive to go a different section cause this doesn't apply to u.

lol u know thats one thing i don't like about this site. people are so negative all the time. music is all about preference and taste. whats trash to u may not be trash to other people with different tastes. i play u2 and radiohead for some of my friends and they think its horrible and can't bare to listen to it, but its because its not their preference. just like hyphie bay area music doesn't sound good to a lot of people from other areas, just like east coast music sounds boring to some other areas, and just like how southern music doesn't sound good to some people from other areas... i listen to a lot of people beats on here and i hear people chop/massacre all the sense and music theory out of samples and it sounds bad to me. but its art and im not going to call it trash because art is subjective to personal tastes and opinions...

but neways, if ur not on this discussion for the betterment of dallas hip hop... what are u doing? it would probably be more productive to go a different section cause this doesn't apply to u.

Whad up dtwine im from the shreveport area jus checked out ur post.. The best bet for getting a lil knowledge on the dallas style music is to hit up Ice Boy on the track. He makes youtube tutorials and he kan probably put something up if you email and ask him. Look him up his tutorials are kalled produer game 101, 102 etc..

And on a side note the d-town music is not what i perfer but yall got some tracks that get the klub moving. I meet durroough when I in town for all-star with lil flip last year he a pretty kool dude. Yall keep the movement going as long as its moving yall in there, whether mainstream except it or not... Ill jam yall music and network with yall but yall kan keep the skinny jeans and dances lol.... :rofl:

Hey Dtwine, I know its 2012 now, but at the time I read this post I was not producing. I also fell in love with the Dallas sound and searched for ways to improve it. If You haven't heard, I produced the song called "Hammer Walk" by Twayne. That has some Dallas style sounds in them. I recommend downloading the trapaholics kit and VST's such as Nexus and Sylenth. If you need examples visit my Sound Click. Search ChiChi Beats Sound Click on Google. I have not Posted enough in order to be able to post my link on here. thanks

Back