Cubase or Ableton ?

D

dylanf

hey guys i need some help , now alot of people are gonna say the DAW doesnt matter , i get that .
anyways i use fl studio for like 2 years now and i kind of dislike the workflow and the over all atmosphere within the daw .
im planning on making a switch to cubase most probably and considering abelton too! any tips on which is better would be great!
and btw i produce dance music :)

and my main concerns are the ease of working with individual tracks and the mixing and mastering process

soundcloud.com/dylanfambeck

Last edited by a moderator:
Watch YouTube videos of both and determine which one you like the most. I use FL Studio too but shopping for another DAW since I have a Mac Pro now. I'm considering Cubase, but may wait it out and see if Image Line releases a Mac version soon.

I prefer Ableton for producing dance based tracks, it's got an amazing and super fast workflow and can also really be quite inspiring and make you try out new ways of doing things. But for mixing and mastering I personally found it to be lacking (so I use pro tools). If you go to the Ableton site you can download a free months unrestricted trial of the latest version. If you can get to a dealer that has the Push controller for Ableton that might just be enough to make you take it over Cubase all by itself.

I feel like Ableton would be the easiest transition from FL and I say this from experience.

thanks guys , my main reason are because of the overall workflow , because i dont like the whole mxer arrangement of fl eventhough its good productin wise , because its simple to lay down an idea fast

Fl studio's a good program but one of my biggest gripes with it is the pattern mode limitation where if you make a note for instance overlap bars, like for instance if you do 1 bar with beat in it then if you like do just one more note outside the bar it still plays the entire second bar even if it's completely blank except that one note outside bar 1 feel me?

I hate that the most about fl's pattern mode, and that's basically it lol that's why I like timeline daws and think ableton handles that better tbh.
Basically fl studio is programmed so that if a note's in a bar, it plays the whole bar instead of stopping at the last note unless you use the playlist afterwards :/

Back