creating choir

S.E.P.T.U

starting a thread of how you guys find it best to create a choir sound ? the daws in mind is ableton, logic and reason ive done a choir sound on exs24 but never sounds the way i want it to this is an art by it self share techniques and other ways to fatten the sound or create from scratch

Thank you

SUBBED!

I need some EPIC orchestra type choirs in my life. Im especially interested to see how people may synthesize this sound from something like massive, sylenth, harmor, etc.

IK sample tron and philharmonic both has choir sounds. Not saying they mirror the real thing, but it is an option.

Best thing is to get a real choir. Even if it's a small one, and then try to fatten the sound by layering it, etc etc imo. I know in "Young" by Hollywood Undead they said that they had two girls sing in a choir for them or something like that...

To create a choir type of sound, you have to understand how voices are arranged in a choir.
You have (in this order from highest to lowest)
S: Soprano
A: Alto
T: Tenor
B: Bass
Each voice occupies a particular range with no crossover whatsoever (though Bandcoach could expand on this much better than I will)
Learning how to arrange your voices will make creating a convincing choir-like sound much easier. This is where music theory comes in.

Check out quantum leap east west symphonic choirs. The wordbuilder doesn't work in every DAW but if you have cubase installed you can do it in that.
For creating your own sound it's often good to layer. Try sample library choirs layered with synth choir, maybe a sampled single note choir aah layer. You may find that something that sounds sketchy on it's own can really help thicken up an overall sound.

I'd go with sample loops(royalty free). Apple Loops makes a Jampack of choir sounds that are great. Also good if you find a few royalty free recordings of opera. plenty of sample sources, I've just never heard a syth.\/sampler patch as convincing as the real thing.

Back