Is this copying another person's beat and is it wrong?

elvissango

Would having the same chord progressions say for a piano like another beat be considered copying? Lets say maybe i like the piano notes on justin biebers where are you now or 808 mafias blow a bag ft future,if i used the same notes with a different supporting melody tho would it b wrong? Jus curious..thanx

Well, yeah, unless it's accidental. Or if it's a common chord progression. But it's still copying. Whether is wrong or not, idk

Chord progressions are probably more or less the same in 95% of popular music. Copying melodies isn't very nice, but I can't imagine either of those artist having a terribly original order of notes in the first place.

If you like those tunes a lot but want to take them in a different direction you could always do a remix (if the label lets you)

Would having the same chord progressions say for a piano like another beat be considered copying? Lets say maybe i like the piano notes on justin biebers where are you now or 808 mafias blow a bag ft future,if i used the same notes with a different supporting melody tho would it b wrong? Jus curious..thanx
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_containing_the_I–V–vi–IV_progression

Is it copying-not necessarily.
Is it it considered "wrong"-nope, not at all.

Last edited:
Is this copying another person's song and is it wrong

i saw tht list of songs an i have listened to some of them before,i guess what is mainl important an creative is to take an idea and twist it some other way..thanx a lot

Back