Composing and making help!

DJ_Lax

Hi all,
I have always wanted to play around with music and sounds.....and now i am going to start but need a little help! I have played the drums for many years so i think i have a pretty good ear....i am also a huge techno and rave fan.... I was wondering if it were possible ..or if anyone knew of a program or some software out there that i could buy for my computer so i could start playing around with sounds and songs...i would love to start playing around with different beats and songs...so i anyone does know of a program or if you have any tips please let me know...
Thanks

You should get CUBASE VST 5 and a real synthesizer or a sampler, and compose your music (write the notes) in cubase, controlling the external Sampler or synthesizer. You can do almost anything and have fun :)

If you don't have money, get CUBASE VST 5 anyway, and control GIGASAMPLER or your soundcard soundbank instead of a "real" external machine

So many Synths out there

DJ_Lax said:
Hi all,
I have always wanted to play around with music and sounds.....

When you start, you should use easier programs than Cubase, for example Orion. This is not very expensive, but it has very much features and it is also using VST Plugins. It is the best way to start. After a time, when you are better, you should really try Cubase VST. Everywhere in the Net are so many Freeware Synths or others, you can try them and learn how to program a Synth and it will cost nothing.
There are also so many different Programs where you can create so many different beats and sounds. Try everything out, try to get all the Freeware. Let all be an experiment.

Hear you later...

I agree with Synchroniser, try to grab some free-sharewares or demo versions on internet, see how it works..it's the better way to define your real needs before purchasing a soft, most of the sequencer got the same philosophy and functions...I'm using Cubase for Mac...and it's quite easy when you use the basics functions...it really depends on what you're planning to do exactly studio, live, both of them, how much $$$ do you own, do you already have a good computer for recording audio, if not maybe have also a look to hardwares like Groovebox, Electribe series,....
You really got a big amount of possibilities, but the most important thing is what do you exactly want to do...
And for ppl who want to record their own stuff, don't forget there are others equipments which are really important...like good audio speakers for example ! :)

theres lots of nifty, free soft synths out there
that u can have fun with and learn the fundementals
of synthesis.

Also theres some cool sample(wav)editors out there that
are cheap, and good.

for a kool free synth with standard synthesis features
try http://www.come.to/richy and surf out the ts-404 , its a top notch musicware synthesiser!

and for a shareware wav editor try http://www.goldwave.com

Back