Collab Problems! Help!

Zerker00

Hey guys I'm trying to collab with someone but this guy keeps using an arp in the music and How I make my music I usually don't use arps cause the arps is basically the melody of the songs and I rather make the melody my own than use a arp. Any Suggestions on what I should add in this collaboration?

This is what collaborating is all about, you are being forced to try something different and change the order of things which is often where your more creative moments will arise. Instead of just freaking out about the arp, treat it as if it was one of your own melodies that you created.
The most basic advice I can give you is to try adding some chords to it or at least some drums... Seriously, this shouldn't even be an issue.

I agree with psalm. Why would you bother collaborating if you anyway only want to do what you normally do, your own way?

This is what collaborating is all about, you are being forced to try something different and change the order of things which is often where your more creative moments will arise. Instead of just freaking out about the arp, treat it as if it was one of your own melodies that you created.
The most basic advice I can give you is to try adding some chords to it or at least some drums... Seriously, this shouldn't even be an issue.

Or simply discard it and use a melody of yours. There are too many different approaches when collaborating with someone else. When I collaborate with someone, one thing I like to make clear is that both of us have the power to discard something that doesn't sound right.

Back