clearing Sample

USE Search this has been discussed many times before.

Basic Rundown :

Contacting the record label or artist(s) and paying them a large amount of money or a percentage based on agreed terms. I doubt your music will be played on radio stations and sold commercially in national stores so you have nothing to worry about because no ones going to sue a home beatmaker. If that was the case we'd all be in court right now.

Last edited:
^^^^^^not necessarily homey......not every "home beat maker" (and EVERY producer has a home studio...DON'T YOU WATCH MTV CRIBS)....not every "home beat maker" makes sumtin good enough,maybe he has good music....i've had my music on the radio here,it was local music night's but nonetheless

One I wouldn't be so quick 2 say something like I doubt your that good well not exact words but might as well.
And secondly I ve allways wondered myself kay as a newb you go along making your beats with the mindset "well im not on the radio or making any real money ..so lodidah"
you go about your business and one day you get a call from Universal or any record company and you get signed and a year or two later your nice and wealthy then you get a bunch of cease to desist letters about the beats you made when you were a knowbody and now they wanna ding you for it,Can they do that?you know sit back watch ya get rich and then come for ya?

please post into the right forums.. there is a dedicated "Music Industry and Legal Issues" forum for especially such questions, and yup this question has been asked a few times before, so either browse the right forum or do a search, and you'll find the proper answers ;)

cheers

if you try to copyright a track with a sample in it and dont list that the track has a sample then you will be fined if they recognize this.

Last edited:
punjabi mc - that idiotic sitar track - got 80 percent taken from him for not clearing.

imo when starting out do whatever you want to do. use cher.

better than narrowing your creativity.

...and when the time comes to think about the clearence then worry about it.

it depends i guess on how rare your samples are

if you´re that interested - merely typing few words in google provides alot info.

the way i understood it - there are agencies that deal with clearance - both master and artists - should imagine that´s expensive for a "home-beatmaker".

erm...i don´t really know alot about the subject so i´ll stop right now:)

best of luck.

Back