Chord sound design help sought

blobby

im trying to make some similar sounding chords to deadmau5 ft chris james"the veldt"
Soon as the song starts, the chords are playing...
I can hear even off the bat theres some layering going on but is there anyone who might be able to help me make some similar sounding chords as I seem to be having trouble...
Any help appreciated...
Im referring to more from a production / sound design perspective but all pointers welcome..

Deadmau5 uses a lot of saw wave based plucks, chords and melodies in his productions. Write out a chord progression with the use of 7th and 9th chords as this will really thicken up your sound harmonically and musically, and then start layering. Have the main chords be playing a pluck, then have a layer with just the top notes of the chord you wrote playing a different pluck, then take the root note of each chord and layer in another synth for your bass, then take the same midi you used for your bass (the one with the only the root note playing) and any synth and just have a sine wave going. This will help thicken up your sound. Hope this helps! For more tips on layering, you can check out our latest tutorial! SoundShock | Free loops and samples, Presets, Tutorials, & More

Back