Chipmunk & children effects that Kayne west uses... How do you make these?

A.Tech

I am having a tough time trying to make them sound like his for a beat. I know I can just increase the pitch but that does not make the sounds like it. I never really use samples at because I like to compose my stuff from strach but I don't mind trying a few samples from old songs and making them sound chipmunk like... Like Kayne does...

Anyway to do this in FL 6.0?

I really think it's all done with pitch, so just keep experimenting with pitchlevels and speed, and you'll get it.

He is just messing with the pitch and speed of the sample, to the sample window and go to the part that says resample, switch that to Transpient (FL 7). Them mess with the pitch and time manpitulation knobs. Thats really all I can tell you now, it is hard to explain in detail. Just experiment with that...

Listen to this beat, I used that particular method on this sample based track https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197646

Marol aka Marshall Oliver

Mainboi23SX said:
you can always borrow your next door neighbhor's 2 year old and ask him/her to get on the mic.

Yea that'll work too..pretty inexpensive too..just buy him/her a happy meal..

use a real keyboard and load the sample from a floppy disc

der der der!!!!!!!!!!!

i did that **** yeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaarrs ago
kanye aint the only chicagoin who knows the deals

nerdeq8 said:

Well it was inexpensive, then you threw in the Happy Meal bit, thus taking away from precious studio funds. :confused:

nerdeq8 said:

nah then people gonna think ur the new r kelly.

if u using fl studio, use the wave traveler. thats wat i use. it speeds the samples up and u can put like a dj effect on it

Record at half the project BPM, then play back at the proper project BPM by simply triggering an octave higher.

You guys changing the pitch and pitch shifting while maintain tempo is 2 different things. The technique you want to do is done with the latter not the former.

its a pitch shifter,u can try different ones they all sound somewhat different,the pitch shifter allows you to alter the pitch of the sound without speeding the sample .

The Best way to make your "chipmonk" Track is to use something like SoundForge and use the plugin to change the pitch I have a track that i use SoundForge to edit my sample.. See to me FruitySlicer doesnt get the sound quality like SONY Sound Forge... Thats just to me...

CHECK MY MYSPACE OUT TO HEAR WHAT I MEAN

what you probably want to do is find a slow song around 60bpm and speed it up to around 90bpm, preferably a song with instruments that don't hit hard so you can still put a beat over it

Back