certain bassline sound

does anyone know how to make a bassline that sounds just like in this vid from 1:30-2:10 youtube.com/watch?v=O3NUph7AXvY

or is their a certain plugin in fl studios that can help me produce the same sound

it's a bass guitar played by a real person - buy one, learn how to play it and you will be a better musician for it.

and it will cost the same of those expensive expansion packs for your daw, so don't quibble about cost - if you can buy something like Session Pro Strings then you can buy a bass guitar - not as many sounds but you will be a better musician for doing it, buying a sample pack won't have the same result any day......

it's a bass guitar played by a real person - buy one, learn how to play it and you will be a better musician for it.

and it will cost the same of those expensive expansion packs for your daw, so don't quibble about cost - if you can buy something like Session Pro Strings then you can buy a bass guitar - not as many sounds but you will be a better musician for doing it, buying a sample pack won't have the same result any day......

first off all the packs given to me was free. my friend who didn't want to use them any more so he just said i could have all of it and plus i am using fl studios and reason 5 as my only DAW and i have heard them both produced something similar. i just don't have the time or the resources to learn and buy a bass guitar

These are the notes you will find on a 6 string bass guitar all the way up to the 15th fret (it keeps repeating note names but changes octave at the 12th fret)

For a 4 string bass guitar take the lines starting with E-A-D-G

For a 5 string bass guitar take the lines starting B-E-A-D-G

bass-guitar-notes.png

C3= MIDI note number 60

So the full range of notes on this chart goes from MIDI note number 25 (low B-1) to 63 (high D[sup]#3[/sup]/E[sup]b3[/sup])

If you use FLStudio you need to add 2 to the octave numbers in the above chart (but not the MIDI note numbers).

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

right click on the image and select open image to see it full size (3279x2100 pixels) it is reduced to 800 pixels wide when displayed at fp

No need to be confused, it tells you exactly where to find the notes. As long as you use C3 as middle, pretty much everything else is below it and extends to the low B at the bottom of the piano if you are looking to replicate a 5 or 6 string bass. Otherwise it only goes down to the E above that.

i'm a beginner piano player, that is why i was asking for the specific notes. i can barely read and understand sheet music. i dunno if you watched the video but it doesn't show what kind of bass guitar he used to make the beat

Last edited:
Well I couldn't have told you it was a bass guitar if i hadn't watched it.

After a second listen I'd say it is a J-Bass, but any bass guitar sample set will suffice.

Do you want the actual notes played in the video??? or just the range of the bass guitar (this is what i though you wanted, so this may be why we are mis-communicating)????

Back