cartoon sound effects design

avex

Semi-Useful Member
i wonder if the classic cartoon "boing", "twaang", and the rest is recreatable on modern synths. were these cliche flinstones, scoobydoo etc sound effects done on synths in the first place? meanwhile ima google for some examples.

(omg the new search function is horrible, mano! no offense, but i personally prefer the site to be 'slow' than almost un-search-able! heh)

naww man, those were all real. recorded live with orchestras and foley people.

but, theres a collection of samples that warner brothers put out that is prolly *exactly* what you want. all those wierd boings and zips and twangs... its a pretty impressive collection. and huge! and not cheap....

peace.

yeh i thought so. just wondering if i could emulate those sounds with an everyday setup (ie, you mentioned orchestra, an emulation of a sound would probly be possible with a softsynth-orchestra etc etc?) heh

yeh i think i've seen a few of the warner brothers ones. but nah, thought of makin everything from scratch

its cool tho, foley. its an entirely different industry altogether!

the cartoon tip-toeing around sound is plucked violin strings (pizzicato, i think it's called...) i know you can find 'em in the orkester / factory sound bank with reason. that's really all i know :O)

Caliko said:
What is the warner bros collection called???

ahh... im not sure. its got 'warner brothers' in the title, and its like 4-6 cds, i believe.... and its not especially 'new' either....

peace.

Remember though that a lot of foley stuff is made out of everyday stuff being knocked, wiggled, torn, thrown or otherwise creatively abused...

krushing said:
..... everyday stuff being knocked, wiggled, torn, thrown or otherwise creatively abused...

my mom told me thats what makes the world go round.

and krushing, i am *shocked* that you dont have a handy link for this gentleman. haha! i thought you had a link for all occasions...
wait...

aha!

http://soundfx.com/warnerbros.htm

i think thats it... sounds like it, looks like it... crazy pricey though... not sure if thats the goin rate....

and im pretty proud of myself for actually beating krushing to a link in a thread that he had already posted in.... i didnt think that would ever happen, ever, haha.

peace.

Wow! thanks a lot guys the links sure do help. The Hanna Barbarra Cd is at a good price.

There is his Hanna Barbara collection, there are also quotes in 'm.... Bu you can imitate a lot of them with vacuumcleaner's, pot's an pan's, whistle's, squeking handles of rubbishsuitcase's, Hitting all the key's of the piano at once!

live out!

Back