can someone tell me what instrument this is? and what the player is doing?

Definitely acoustic guitar. The "tingy wobbling" is a pretty basic technique called "hammer-on" where you just use your fretting hand (usually the left one) to strike a note without picking it with the right.

thanks krushing, i'm gonna do some homework on this, but anyway to recreate that sound in midi??? thru software program???.. my guess right now is pitch bending... but i haven't tried it out yet,

not with pitch pending, it is the opposite of what a hammer on/pull-off is all about.

Better to think about ways of making it seem the second note just appears - this is usually achieved by having a lower velocity value than the original, but there are several approaches to this. Relying on a library to provide the two notes is not possible as they would ordinarily have a set length for each note in the hammer-on

i think u have to be pretty into programming stuff if you gonna get a natural feel to it... maybe some acoustic guitar sample pack would do the job

....or just learn to play acoustic guitar?
I mean, if you can figure out how to make a vst sound like a real acoustic, more power to you but why settle for an approximation?

Back