Can someone tell me if this is a sample or vst?

bzar

Bleeding slow by devour. I like the production in it and the main riff is really emotional and I would like to know what vst it is or what sample it is? If not what instrument is it? Also does anyone know where I can get a plucked violin sf2 or vst?

i can't tell for sure but that guitar in the song definitely sounds like either a sample or live instrumentation.

Keys could be anything but could be played with any of the rhodes/wurlitzer emulators

bass is a simple single note so any erasonable bass guitar sample would do

guitar is a sample lick

strings is a solo violin/viola sample set

the guitar can't be done in a vst IMO, there's no real great guitar vst out their that i know of (correct me if i'm wrong bandcoach you know more about this stuff than i do.)

there are some good ones but this particular example is a sample of someone playing a lick that is then dropped in again and again

As with anything, emulating this in MIDI is down to how well you understand what it is that you want played and then how well the sample library can handle your vision
- I can do some amazing things with the Scarbee bass libraries that I just cannot do with a regular guitar library as they don't seem to have the range of articulations (scarbee bass libraries do not do bends afaik and most bass players don't use them anyway
- to emulate a bend on bass I would use the slide function with very fast notes or use the pitch bend wheel but I am uncertain as to how sensitive the scarbee bass libraries are to this (I don't try to emulate bends - better to play for real and then use them where needed)

In fact, to be honest, emulating a bend on many of the string instruments is where most of the great libraries fall short, mainly because of duration of the bend, speed of the bend up and speed of the release down if any (pre-bending and other such tricks are left alone as they really do need to be played on the instruments rather than being emulated)

I got realguitar/realLPC the vst and they can do bends but I'm not sure if they would sound as we'll as that. Ima still search for that main riff instrument tho. I wanna try a lot of new stuff and expiriment with it. Thanks for the comments and opinions.

Back