Can somebody help me out?

PaulSkulsky

So my problem is that always when I make a new track it basically the same but just with different sounds and melody.

Just take a look at my yt channel: Paul Skulsky

All my tracks are builded the same way and idk how to make something different I need help and hope you understand what I mean xD

Have you ever loaded a track you really like into your DAW? If not I highly recommend it. Go through it 8-bars at a time listening to what is taking place and take notes. Label the sections out in your DAW and then try to recreate each section with your sounds. Don't focus on perfecting your sounds or even picking the perfect patches, just try to lay out all of your sounds to match the artist you're studying. Put a kick where they have a kick, synth where they have a synth, etc. Do this a few times and your problem will go away. (after you've laid out the entire track if you like the arrangement then focus on making each sound as good as possible, find the perfect synths, etc.) Hope that helps

Last edited:
I'd also recommend listening to music you don't normally listen to. You can pull ideas from all kinds of genres to make unique tracks and stop having everything sound the same.

Back