Can I make good music with only Rebirth?

fleece

I always find it fascinating how other people fully utilize Rebirth. I'm new to rebirth, and i want to make good music. Is there any other softwares i can use with rebirth to create better tunes? Or do i need to purchase hardware? Is hardware really necessary to produce good music? Where can i read and what can i do to improve my techniques in makeing better music?

fleece said:
...Is there any other softwares i can use with rebirth to create better tunes...

Get REASON. It is superior in features. However its doesnt 'replace' rebirth. use both.

If you want to go beyond the 303 sounds of rebirth, you should really get Reason. Its made by the same people. Also, check ORION. Orion is almost free and some people think it is as good as reason. I dont have much experience with it so I dont know.

Good luck
dont hesitate to ask more questions
take care
:)

Rebirth is way too limited in sound to make full compositions, but it is rather a nice addition when using also other synths/samples.

Maybe you can get a good sequencer, for example Cubase or Logic Audio, and connect Rebirth/Reason with it. They can be used later also if you buy hardware..

he's right
u can connect u're rebirth with logic or cubase, or any other external equip.

the answer you seek, my son...

This is a rahter profound topic to get into, but sometimes limitations arent a bad thing. The push an artist to innovate and develop things to modify the sound and truly develop something that is of their own style. here's what i'd suggest- Learn to USE rebirth inside and out...make compositions, etc. and then learn to use a wav editor on your sounds to make things interesting. I'd much rather see someone learn and develop tricks on their own instead of more repetition. You have a good start- just remember that just because it says you have two 303's doesnt mean that you can't combine tracks to add more :)

- The LODGER

I downloaded Reason, and now what?

Now, I just donwloaded the Demo for reason... This software is complex dude! Why doessn't give me a brand new "silent song mode" when I click new? And where do I start with Reason?

Re: I downloaded Reason, and now what?

fleece said:
reason... Why doessn't give me a brand new "silent song mode" when I click new?

the demo is ok but frankly the full version is worth it.. it comes with a silent song (you have to open it) and also with +500 instruments for the several devices available.

I didnt give too much props to reason until the day I got the full version in the box... it was like using a new program

As far as learning it.. well you have to touch everything ;)
add one device at a time (Start from nothing) and learn each of them before you add a new one.. you will learn each of them this way.

good luck

Try This...

Go to propellerheads website and download songs made with rebirth by other users. It will blow your mind because some of them are actually very good. As far as hardware goes, it can never hurt to add to your arsenal. Midi controllers such as Phatboy are often used with programs like rebirth.

http://www.propellerheads.se/index.php3

[Edited by DIGITUS on 04-04-2001 at 03:00 AM]

even i cannot find any silent song in rebirth can anyone send me a silent song, i saves my data over it.

He never gets tired coz, he's listening and feeling the Qualty of music. no on ever stop from dance when he's listening to music with his or her heart. :cool:

Back