CALLING ALL SOUND DESIGN/SFX GURUS!........... identify this vybe beatz sfx?

BillGatez

I've been looking for the sound for YYEEEAAARRSSS now.

it's an old downfall sfx used in a few of vybe's old beats. I

could never find what preset or audio file he used.

here's an example:

MP3 Player SoundClick

the sound can be heard at (0:37 to 0:39) it's a spiraling

downfalling windy zig zaggy sound haha.

i've heard that it could possibly be a KRONOS or FANTOM

keybaord preset but im just really willing to pay anyone who

can identify this for me.

Last edited:
You mean that stuttering highpitched falling sound?

Pick a sinewave and pitch it very high, then automate the pitch so it falls down. Add an LFO to the oscillator level, and let the LFO shape be something between a sine and a square shape I think (crossfade between them if possible. Then let the LFO fade in as you hold the key.

Then there is some kind of quick rhythmic pitch bend that fades in as well as you hold the note. It's a little hard to hear in what way it bends, but perhaps the pitch quickly jumps up? Not sure if it's easy to do with a regular LFO as it finishes its cycle so fast and then has a delay until next bend (the same tempo as the stutter). You could have a ramp-up pitch LFO doing it, then have a stuttering square-shaped LFO controlling the ramp-up LFO's mix, so you only hear the end of that LFO, meaning you get the fast pitch bend.

As I wrote this I realized it might as well just be a sample of a bird chirping. Buuut you now have the opportunity to recreate that chirp artificially.

Believe me, I've tried everything. I use FL and I've done hours of trying to recreate it. I've used envelope controllers with multiple articulators, LFO's, gates, etc. I've done this with any kind of waveform (triangles, sine, low pass square) I've tried multiple oscillators, even tried them detuned, or even with some filters like bit reduction or simple as EQ. I've gotten close but its not the exact sound.

I want the exact preset name or the audio file he used. Please somebody help with this. Someone had to know this preset/file. ???

As I've said, it's probably a sample of a bird chirping, so you might wanna dig in some online library with natural sounds.

As I've said, it's probably a sample of a bird chirping, so you might wanna dig in some online library with natural sounds.

you may be entirely correct, however, from listening to vybe beatz for some time, I am inclined to believe it was a preset of some sort. He's been known for using fantom and/or tritan keyboards.

i've also once lead myself to believe it was also a bird chirp of some kind, stretched and pitched to match the tempo. i just think it's too easy to assume that it is. your advice is not ignored in the least bit, but i continue to ask if anyone can positively identify the sound here.

thanks Steffesh, i wouldn't be surprised if he actually did indeed use a bird sample >_< (IM ALREADY LOOKING FOR SOME LOL)

Last edited:
Birds chirping sounds like white noise and reverb with delay or an lfo, mostly delay though and maybe some automation somewhere for a low pass filter.
Bandpass filters seem to get closer, but this was a preset I saw in zebra though.

Back