Cakewalk's Project 5 vs. Kontakt

Keyman sam. You are a HERB. Plain and simple.

At no time while reading that guys post did I get the feeling that he was pirating software. I laughed out loud when I read your reply. You're a geek, dude...

That little story about you "breaking" your friendship over pirated software sounds fabricated as hell, too. Sounds like you got mad embarassed over people callin you out on YOUR obvious use of pirated software (what the F is "shareza"?) and made that sh*t up as you were typing.

Hahaha....

Wow this thread got off track quick...

Project5 vs Kontakt

two different things yes ... but who care about the sequencer in Project5... 2 differnet beasts fot 2 different purposes...

I do not know anything about Kontakt but I hear that it's deep as a sample based synth... so if you want to use sample based patches it would be nice... since everyone speaks so highly of it.

If you want to make sounds ... modeled analog sound Project5 has that PSYN AMS.. I think it comes also with a sample player sytn and for $300 it good deal... I think the PSYN alone is worth really ... you could pay just as much for a VST instrument from one the other big companies.

So if you want to make electronic music and need a good analog modeling synth I would go for Project5 (the pattern maker feature is much simpler than trying to set up paterns in Sonar ... but then again the sequencer in P5 can't do everything that Sonar's can that's why the rewire is for ... so can use each one at what they do best ... even though you can send notes and triggers to P5 it is sometimes easier to do some stuff in p5.

So I guess you answered your own question. If you want large banks of sampler based sounds ... get Kontakt and I add that if you want the ability to make your own sounds without using samples get P5 (that's why is uses more CPU it has to model sounds).

Native Instrument gets about $500 for Kontakt and Cake gets about $300 for p5, and I think there is a new version out or coming out soon or something like that, I'm not sure. Are the extra $200 clams worth it ( I wont even pretend to know how deep your pockets are ... just cause I can't spend what I want... I wont assume that you can't ).

have a good night.

I know this thread turned into a pirating thing but I have P5 version2 and I honestly feel like I can make really dope tracks. I already have. Of course if you dont know how to make music nothing is going to do it for you. p5 is open as opposed to reason which is closed. I've heard people talk about p5 being a hog and reason being more stable. blah,blah, blah. At this point the only thing between me and the fattest tracks out there right now is getting the mastering down. I have Sonar to rewire into but I'm not there yet, there is alot to learn in P5. As a retired DJ i consider the only holdback to p5 is finding the vst's you want, full mastering, and learning to use it. But I really believe that a person could do it all with p5.(95%). Don't know about kontakt. Good luck.

Back