Bridges

depends on the song. I was told when creating a bridge think outside the box... be as creative as possible but dont be to radicall where it sucks

The key usually changes in a Straight forward R&B track, but it does't have to... sometimes it's easier to do once you've got a vocal down already. Then you can just feel it out rather than worry about the specifics.

Just change something up during a bridge. You don't need to use every single chord during a chorus or verse, so save one for the start of the bridge to let the listener know that something is changing. You might also change the harmonic rhythm or use non-diatonic harmony after having stayed in key for all verses and choruses.

I just posted this in a similar thread.

check out my R&B instrumental called Takin Care ya Body if you want an example. The bridge is around 2:35

I dont know how I came up with the chords, I just just messin around with my guitar and found them. I can't read notes.
http://www.soundclick.com/smoovevibezproductions

Last edited:
wiseguy212 said:
In r-n-b songs i hear bridges changed the mood a bit,is it then in the same key or has the key changed?
Sometimes, sometimes not. The object is to create some contrast from the verses and chorus. One way to do this is by using chords that you haven't used in the verses or chorus. You can either use diatonic chords that haven't been used, non-diatonic chords that haven't been used or change keys and use chords that haven't been used.

I think the bridge should have at least a little mood change but not a very strong one so when you come back to the hook or verse, your song will still flow smooth.

Astar said:
I just posted this in a similar thread.

check out my R&B instrumental called Takin Care ya Body if you want an example. The bridge is around 2:35

I dont know how I came up with the chords, I just just messin around with my guitar and found them. I can't read notes.
http://www.soundclick.com/smoovevibezproductions

That beat was clean as fuk bruh, Real Nice. I can't seem to make no no beats like that when I try it turn out to b somethin else every time. Any advice bout slow jams

Back