bpm

Robban

Ahoj

This maybe is a stupid question, maybe I am stupid.. but I have to ask or I will go insane.

How do I do if I want to know what tempo, bpm, a song is in? For example Spooks - 'Things I've seen'.. What is the tempo of that song? is there any software that can help me?

Thank you boys and girls, Take care..

song bpm

Here's how to find bpm of a song. Take a portion of the song that represents one loop. (most electronic songs are loop based in a 4/4 pattern so you can recognize a loop by taking the main drum beat and going from the beginning of one measure to the beginning of the next.) Now, find the time of the loop in seconds--this can be accomplished by putting the loop in a wav editor, chopping it down to just the one loop, and finding the total time. Then do simple conversion factors to find the bpm: (4 beats)/(time of loop in seconds) x (60 seconds)/(1 minute) Presto! You end up with the tempo of the loop(and thus the song) in bpm. Hope this helps.

familiar bpm and loop times

to help you out a little more, here are some basic loop times compared to bpm to give an estimate:
120bpm = 2 sec
135bpm = 1.778 sec
150bpm = 1.6 sec
160bpm = 1.5 sec

These are useful when trying to find correct loops to fit with a certain bpm song pattern.

Back