"Book of Rhymes" Bassline

BxJaze

Any idea where I should begin on getting this kind of bass?

And damn @ his kicks...they're always so damn clean.

Any synth vsti can make that bass.

Muon Tau Pro
TBL Bassline
Hypersonic
Subtraktor
Thor
FM8
Buzz Generator Adapter

I think what makes it seem unique is that it hits along with the kick. Makes both sound harder.

deRaNged 4 Phuk'dup said:
Any synth vsti can make that bass.

Muon Tau Pro
TBL Bassline
Hypersonic
Subtraktor
Thor
FM8
Buzz Generator Adapter

I think what makes it seem unique is that it hits along with the kick. Makes both sound harder.

Hmph....I have Hypersonic 2....as far as bass synths I've got Trilogy and Novation...i've gotten tons of bass out of those (trilogy's got some pretty good sines) but nothing like that one right there.

but i think you're right about the kick theory.

Thanks, btw

I run my synth through a Hartke bass amp which has tube and/or solid state, and when using just tube, my drums sound almost identical to that song. Anyone else ever use a bass amp w/ their keyboard? I don't hear of a lot of hip hop producers using one - it really adds punch to your sound - try it. You might try that. Its definitely an analog sound that makes it so warm and clean. As for the bass and kick hitting together, thats not very unique. A lot of bass plays on the kicks. I actually thought that synth bass was too syrupy when I first heard that song. My fav. synth bass in rap was on "Sideways" by E-40/B-Legit. p>http://youtube.com/watch?v=-4shZzbpWXw

Last edited by a moderator:
Back