Best way to learn synthesis?

djvega1

Full-Time Legend
I would love to make proper smashing dubstep as well as liquid drum & bass, but I really do come unstuck when it comes to synthesis. What or where is a good place to learn it, and learn it really well?

I am currently using logic and working with it's in house synth ES2, but I know native instrument's massive seems to be the synth of choice for these genres.

Regardless I want to learn ES2 well before I move on, any suggestions?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

I think you are me about a year or more ago...
Also a logic user making drum and bass and dubstep :)

audio.tutsplus.com/tutorials/production/essential-synthesis-part-1-synth-noise-effects/

go through that tutorial series and if you have any specific questions PM me :D
and... Dont stick to ES2 for too long, when i moved onto massive and figured that out i have never looked back! But yeah basics first.

Following me on twitter may help you aswell as i post useful links from time to time ;P

Gasp

for real you tubes got tons of tutorials where you can do it with the person yeaching together so you wont 4get it... sometimes i just watch but i dont remember

Learn a basic synth and take those concepts over to the next one. James Bernard of Propellerhead software does a great series called synth schoo on youtube. Its based on Reason synths but the concepts carry over to most other synths

Back