Best way to learn Sylenth 1 ?

JaySpring

Hello, I am starting with sylenth 1, what is the best way to learn how to work with it ? Should I watch tutorials 1 by 1 on how to use each of the components, or should I focus on tutorials, on how to make a specific lead, and then try to copy ? Thank you

100% components.
Maybe once you feel like you understand those, consider moving onto the recreate lead tutorials, but only if they explain what they're doing and why, because if I'm honest, recreate lead tutorials which don't do explaining are pointless and you might as well just look at a preset.

The components for most synths are the same in function but not design.
Some synths ignore everything like synplant does.
Learn the basics of synthesis and it'll transfer to all synths that are not synplant or some obscure random generator thing.

You should just play with it imo. I tried the tutorials at first, but they never really helps you understanding what it precisely does to your sound, and the fact is that the same knob won't have exactly the same effect, depending on the type of sound you're trying to create and how you modulate it.

You won't use it the same way as another producers simply because you're not going to design the same sound, so I think the better thing to do is to learn your own way to use it, so it will correspond to what you are.

Last edited:
I think you pick some of the useful stuff along the way as you go. You should watch some tutorials on Youtube as there are plenty.

Back