Best VST for Phat EDM leads (super saws)

SmooveMode

Does anyone know of a plugin that allows you to stack sounds without having to use another instance of it? It would sure save me time sound designing in my DAW when I could do it inside the synth itself. It's gotta be intuitive. I was thinking about Serum also since it allows you to add samples and have the changed into waveforms but I'm not sure you can stack them.

What do you mean by stack? If you want to play multiple notes of the same patch you can just add more midi notes, as long as it's not set to mono...

What do you mean by stack? If you want to play multiple notes of the same patch you can just add more midi notes, as long as it's not set to mono...

Stack as in adding 3 different synth sounds (i.e. a mono saw, a wide saw, and maybe a buzz saw). Not just the same patch but different ones.

No synth can have multiple patches running at the same time, you will always have to use three instances to get three patches simultaneously.

This shouldn't be a problem: you can just use the routing settings in your daw to make the audio from all three patches go to one place, and one lot of MIDI play all three separate instances at the same time- no expensive extra software needed, it just takes slightly longer to set up.

If you know how to sounddesign half decently you can get very similar results to using multiple copies of the plug by just using any synth with multiple oscillators, but often you are limited because you can't use different filters and FX on the separate oscillators separately. Synthmaster is quite good for this because it has two identical but totally separate layers (each of which is a pretty powerful synth in it's own right), massive, serum and z3ta 2+ are also worth looking into.

if you use FL try using the layers feature to control multiple synths from the one channel. use as many as you want then assign them as 'children' to be controlled by the layer channel.

Layering is what I do now. I did end up getting Serum and though it sounds cleaner than Massive and has two OSCs, I found it not to be the complete Answer. So, I'm back to using Massive along with Serum for other sounds. It's just crazy that some of my tracks have as many as 15-20 instances.

Layering is what I do now. I did end up getting Serum and though it sounds cleaner than Massive and has two OSCs, I found it not to be the complete Answer. So, I'm back to using Massive along with Serum for other sounds. It's just crazy that some of my tracks have as many as 15-20 instances.

It's normal to get multiple instances of the same synth to get the sound to... sound the way you want. I don't normally use supersaw leads in my music, but I've already watched some tutorials where it was achieved with only one instance of Massive and (inside FL Studio) one instance of 3xOsc + some fx plugins.

another trick worth trying out is to sidechain the reverb of a synth using the midi of the synth its assigned on. basically when the synth plays the reverb level is dropped giving you an in your face sound but in between the notes the reverb is re-activated so it doesnt sound totally dry. if done right it allows you tohave big reverbs without them drowing the synth at the same time

Massive

Sylenth

Harmor

Harmless

Oscx3

Serum

FM8

Basically any half descent synth out there can give you nice supersaws.

I would highly suggest Serum for supersaws, but I have also had a ton of luck with Z3ta+2! Any synth that has a good detuning and a clean saw wavetable will work well :)

Back