Best Piano in Reason?

I dont think that there is any nice refill for subtractor since it's a synth. U should better check grand piano patches for NN-XT and NN19 samplers in Reason Factory soundbank.

None of the piano sounds that come with Reason are too good. My suggestion is to find a good refill or akai sample cd (you can convert it to a refill)

Cameron Thomas said:
None of the piano sounds that come with Reason are too good. My suggestion is to find a good refill or akai sample cd (you can convert it to a refill)
I have no complaints. Learn tweaking knobs and effects!

Tyree D. said:

I have no complaints. Learn tweaking knobs and effects!

Tweaking knobs and adding effects is not going to make the original bad samples sound good. It's just going to cover up the fact that they are bad samples. Also please don't tell me to learn something. I've been doing this sh*t since you were prolly in pampers.

Last edited:
Check the combinator piano & keyboard patches , concert grand piano & hall piano r my favors ;) check them they sound good
good luck

Cameron Thomas said:

Tweaking knobs and adding effects is not going to make the original bad samples sound good. It's just going to cover up the fact that they are bad samples. Also please don't tell me to learn something. I've been doing this sh*t since you were prolly in pampers.

damn! dood was suggesting a possible solution to the problem. he didnt address you, OR state his age. you shouldnt be so judgemental. or defensive....

peace.

highkoo said:

damn! dood was suggesting a possible solution to the problem. he didnt address you, OR state his age. you shouldnt be so judgemental. or defensive....

peace.

Lol... Maybe I misunderstood his post. It just seemed like he was trying to tell me the reason the pianos didn't sound right was because I didn't know how to tweak knobs. Maybe he didn't mean it that way. Oh well.

I think it might not be a matter of what piano is the best, but what fits your purpose most...

IMO the nnxt piano samples are really nice...on par w/ almost any rompler i've used.

what characteristics in a piano are you looking at? what are your biggest complaints with the ones on the factory soundbank?

-Lodger

my complaint is no matter what i cant get the keys to hit hard like i need em when i need em on most of em. i had found a good one but i deleted the song and i forgot what it was.

i hate to say it, seeing as your in reason.... but you prolly need a vsti to get the fine tuning your looking for.

...or a piano....

youll be searching for samples for ages, to find a couple that are 'perfect', but then youll need like ONE more note.... and wont have it.

and btw--- The Grand 2 from steinberg, is friggin ridiculous. im no piano conossieur, but i would not be able to pick that from a real piano in a hundred years.... its prolly pretty pricey... but im sure its worth it if you need really high quality piano.

peace.

Cameron Thomas said:
http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml/details.phtml?sku=EW-080

Ok now at this price you need to pick this one up. Then find yourself a program that converts akai format to nn-xt. I use one called cdxtract but there are others out there as well. I can't believe they are selling this for $19.99. It sells for $179.98 at midi classics.

wow! yea, thats a steal. i havent heard it, but im sure its WELL worth 20 bucks....

peace.

"my complaint is no matter what i cant get the keys to hit hard like i need em when i need em on most of em. i had found a good one but i deleted the song and i forgot what it was."

there are a few tricks here that i can help with...try using compression or limiting...

another option is to load up 2 of the same patch on the nnxt and on one of them, for each of the samples, start the sample a bit further into the waveform so that it hits its peak earlier in the sample. take this "sharpened sound" and and apply an envelope to keep the sound short. now mix to taste with your other piano sound....compress...voila...

your piano is alot edgier, now

if this works, combinate it...if not, set it free

-Lodger

Last edited:
Back