beats

D

dankness

whats the trick to making non head banger hip hop beats??//

i dunno. some of the beats im making just sound like 50 would be rappin over it. i like classic hip hop like binary star, afu-ra.

any more feedback would be great

i dunno...

slow it down, use softer sounds, focus on melody...

sorry man, im no expert on these beats. happy to bump the thread for ya though...

peace.

I know what your talkin about. See, it's all in the melody. I've noticed that 50 type beats eg. In DA Club, are very repetitious. You constantly hear the same instrument doing the same thing over and over. These beats also hit harder(heavier kicks, snares and claps.

Now.... If you're looking to make more smoother, yet hip-hop beats, you want to work more on your melodies. Try a melody that varies for a whole 16 count and goes up and down gradually as opposed to just up and down all the time. These beats are indeeed harder to make, but hey, practice makes better.

If you're willing ill post one of my more smoother hip hop tracks so you see what i mean.

cyptm said:
I know what your talkin about. See, it's all in the melody. I've noticed that 50 type beats eg. In DA Club, are very repetitious. You constantly hear the same instrument doing the same thing over and over. These beats also hit harder(heavier kicks, snares and claps.

Now.... If you're looking to make more smoother, yet hip-hop beats, you want to work more on your melodies. Try a melody that varies for a whole 16 count and goes up and down gradually as opposed to just up and down all the time. These beats are indeeed harder to make, but hey, practice makes better.

If you're willing ill post one of my more smoother hip hop tracks so you see what i mean.

co-signed

on classic hiphop i think they used much more samples. they got whole loops sampled straight and drums were sampled also. nowadays ppl compose more melodies themselves but if these new "club" tracks got samples theyre mostly very short and highly edited. back in the days they prolly didnt pay so much attention to "hide" the sample nor the mixing wasnt as clean as this new style of hiphop got. thats prolly cause they had few standards to make beats like MPC and SP-1200 which made the "dirty" sound. also beat usually consisted of just a few tracks like drums, bass and sampletrack.

Back