Is this beat too long?

chrisbanks

Playing: MAR16_11(DEMO).mp3 - picosong

I'm trying to figure out if the sections to this beat are too long or not. I feel like the intro might be too long to have a chorus as the first part rather than the verse, but mostly, I'm just trying to see if the chorus itself is too long. I feel like it's almost 16 bars instead of it being 8.

The parts go like this:

Chorus :53
Verse 1:28
Chorus 2:40
Verse 3:15

Sorry for the repetitive voice tag. I just didn't want anyone to download and use it.

Last edited:
a beat / intro is too long if you can't keep it intteresting

a problem in your intro is that you did not do something that can survive on its own, that intro is simply holding too long for no good reason

if an artist can make it interesting that's fine but on its own that's only holding too long for no good reason

i have an intro of 1 minute playing simple full notes of bass and pad but that was what the artist wanted he had the ideas of what he wanted to do, i did not ask him to follow through my 1 minute full notes

a beat / intro is too long if you can't keep it intteresting

a problem in your intro is that you did not do something that can survive on its own, that intro is simply holding too long for no good reason

if an artist can make it interesting that's fine but on its own that's only holding too long for no good reason

i have an intro of 1 minute playing simple full notes of bass and pad but that was what the artist wanted he had the ideas of what he wanted to do, i did not ask him to follow through my 1 minute full notes

I hear you. Yeah I've brought things down to size, and to be fair, it's only a draft. I can write more instruments into it and avoid the stagnancy. I agree with the comment about artists making it interesting. Most of the beats now days are really simple, and the beat maker's reason for that is almost always the intention of them leaving room for vocals. Either way, I can live with it if the rapper can.

yeah the artist can make it work
like Eminem - lose yourself kind of intro

but i would not do those without consulting the artist because not everyone has something to say on intros like Eminem I would try an idea like Next episode, da rock wilder, lean back, and those kind of intros that don't expect too much from the artist

Back