Bass Problem

supoflex

Hi everyone, I have a question about the bass, I want my bass sound to play mostly from the subwoofer but i'm having the opposite, it's playing from the small speakers so what should i do ? I know that lower frequencies play from the subwoofer and I see that my bass mostly plays in low and mid low but as I'm using headphones to produce when I test it on sound system the bass mostly plays from the small speakers, so what am I doing wrong ?

Depends what kind of headphones your using. You need good monitors to make good mixes, and unless you know what ur doing i wouldnt mix on headphones. To get more of a bass sound tho, just boost (EQ) the lower frequencies.

Using an EQ, boost the bass by heightening the Low Shelf of your EQ. This will give it more bass. Your speakers may just suck or your sub may not work, but that will help.

Last edited:
Probably need to roll-off the high end of the bass - apply a shelving low pass filter at about 3kHz.

Next up, consider not boosting the bottom end on this sound, but roll-off gently (using a parametric eq), the mids between 600Hz and 3kHz, so that your eq looks like this

Code:
--------\
         --\
            --\
               --\
                  -------------

lastly put your bass through a monoiser (opposite of a stereo widener) to make sure that it is a definite point source rather than across the stereo spread. This should help to determine if the sub is defective.......

well, I'm using audio-technica ATH-M50, apparently they are professional monitor headphones, but my problem is not about not having enough bass. Let me say it like this, when I use kicks I hear the bass part (the boom part) and it plays correct, on my headphones and everywhere else but when I use a bass sound like a sub bass, I have a perfect sound on my headphones but when I test it on a 5.1 speakers the sub bass plays on the small speakers not from the subwoofer when it should have cause the most frequencies are around 50 hrz

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

So how can I get this monoister, cause I Google it and found nothing !

Is you bass a stereo or mono track? If stereo, bounce it out as a mono track then re-import. Simple as that

Back