Bass

Z

zoran

Could someone simply tell me how producers such as the Lawnchair Generals, Inland Knights, Miguel Migs, Doc Martin to name a few...... come up with such wicked bass??? I'm a novice using software like reason, sonar......is it possible to replicate a similar sound using the abovementioned, and if so , could some please explain how it's done. any guidance will be greatly appreciated. Cheers zoran

Man I'm in the same boat as you are. I have Sonar, reason and a mpc2500. I've been trying to perfect my skills with jack/deep house. I read in an interview with miguel migs that he uses hip hop samples among other things. As for the basslines they seem to vary depending on the track, but i've noticed alot of tracks basslines have a little distortion and then passed through a low pass filter to give it that syrupee deep sound. Good luck on the tunes.

I'd suggest digging into some subtractive synthesis here.. search this on google to get a primer. After you understand how your synths work, take a look at some presets that seem similar to the sounds you are after...and find what you like and dont like about them.

something to keep in mind here is that the "bass sound" might not be as important as what it is playing. try copying the notes that the riffs are playing and see if that adds any life to the patches you already have

-Lodger

Back