Backing chords playing in this track?

M

Mangomixx369

Could someone (who plays better than me) help me with what chords the background strings in the sample attached are being played? I've tried the major and minor and they don't sound right. I'm learning how to recreate the music I enjoy (learning how to walk so to speak)...and someone explaining this to me would go a long way in applying it elsewhere.
Thanks for the help

I've had a quick listen but I can't save the file for some reason, only play it in WMP. I'm working as well so it's on real quiet.

The strings aren't playing chords, just sounds like Bb, C and G in the first 4 bars, like this: 2 bars on Bb, 1 bar on C and 1 bar on G.

You could play this if that's a lil thin: 2 bars with G & Bb, 1 bar with A & C and 1 bar with D & G. Left notes being the root.

The Guitar pluck is Bb - A - G with a little bend on the A-G.

There's a fair few chords that would work over it as well if you wanted to add something. Gm for 2 bars, FMaj for 1 bar, FMaj 1st inversion ( A, C, F ) for 1/2 a bar, Adim for 1/2 bar returning to Gminor again or something.

You could play 7ths too, there's a strong sense of a Cmin7 and a Dmin7 in there but if you play just Gmin and FMaj in this way: Gmin ( no 5th G,Bb ) FMaj ( 3rd and 5th A,C ) then Gmin ( root n 5th inverted no 3rd, just D, G ) I think that's about right, which is the same as the doubled up notes I said earlier.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey thanks very much for your help, I have a constant issue on recreating music when I can tell a chord isn't being played yet can't play single notes because they sound too thin and end up playing the note with a fifth chord just to get a similar feel. So thanks that explanation really helps me out.
My music is really stuck because I resort to playing everything in minor chord transitions (Cm-Fm-Gm-A#m) and it sounds really cliche so maybe single notes as chords would make things sound better...
Cheers

Back