Auto Tune Question

2-ii-2

Is there a way i can get an auto tune that dosnt jump around and sound computerised? one that sounds natural..?

Any hardware anyone know about?

Melodyne's indeed more flexible. Auto-Tune was developed to make minor corrections to fix an already great vocal take into perfect (theoretically, that is) - not make singers-without-a-clue into good singers...the bigger the corrections, the more artificial it'll sound.

thanks for that hoolix,

@ krushing - does that mean the dream cant sing :S coz he sounds very computered

2-ii-2 said:
thanks for that hoolix,

@ krushing - does that mean the dream cant sing :S coz he sounds very computered
It means they turned the "auto-correction" value so high up that it just snaps between the notes without gliding. Using such parameters creates the robotic effect.

It's like asking: "Does anyone know any analog synthesizers that don't have a long release?" To which the answer would be: "Just turn down the release knob and you're golden."

Having said that, Melodyne does seem like an awesome prog.

Last edited:
well considering your vocal take is actually DECENT......you need to mess with the settings more.

how do you have your settings set now? experiment with the RETUNE speed and the HUMANIZE functions in auto mode.

your best bet is graphic mode.

its a tough pill to swallow but if you research enough you should be able to get the hang of pitch correction. google the manual and PM for more info. dont really bother searching on here for auto tune info because all everyone wants to do is sound like t-pain.

:)

^^^^^^^^^^
I thought i was the only one who thought this lol

Back