Auto Quantize in FL Studio?

McJellow

The Grand Masin.
Hey, Wassup FP Fam! Not sure if this is in the Right section (Hopefully is) but yeah o_O...

I was wondering if anyone know's if FL Has a Auto Quantize function kinda like Reason has? I know how to Quantize by hand in FL, but after a while it just gets a bit annoying..

Can anyone spread some knowledge around here? :cool:

In your very left hand corner of the piano roll. Is a small box, point and click. Various options will apear among them are Quantize and quick quantize. There you should find what your looking for.

The way I quantize is bring up the piano roll and press alt+q
or you can do it as stated above under the tools option while in the piano roll in the top left hand corner.

yea, but neither of these answers actually answer his question. He - as well as I- are looking for AUTO Quantize, where the notes are quantized for you during the recording of the riff or what have you.
You are indeed correct, IT GETS VERY TEDIOUS AND ANNOYING to have to do it time and time again. sometimes you even have to go in and rework the whole recording. Maybe we should take this problem up with Image-Line directly and try to get them to introduce this function in a later version. FL Studio is a great tool but, this whole quantize thing is a royal pain in the ass!

Thats one of the reasons why I don't use fl. I'd think that they would put that feature in by now.

Id think Auto-Quantize would be suited more for live performances.. While FL Studio has taken steps to improve their live recording/editing/etc, all demo's I've seen dealt with music that was already composed and arranged..So it is kinda weird they don't have auto-quantize, at the same time, its not really a big deal since it literally takes a second to open the piano roll and hit the shortcut for a quick quantize.

I know this is old af but for ppl who looking for the answer: on the panel with the metronome, there is a magnet symbol. "Snap". There you can choose how to want to auto-quantize

Back