Audio routing help? (FL 11)

IsaiahFowlkes

SO, my Reverb is apparently taxing my CPU, and I'm starting to get the pops and gaps in the audio. My friend is telling me that all the reverb I'm using is being too hard on my track, so that's whats causing it. He suggested that I map the reverb, so instead of using the same reverb on 4 different sounds, I map the 4 sounds into 1 reverb. does anyone know how I can map my sounds like that in FL 11?

Honestly, if I were you, I would start digging after another thing causing the buffer underruns (the pops), because reverb usually isn't any heavy plugins (at least from my own experience).

Anyway, highlight one of the sendchannels to the right. Upload the reverb on it and tweak it by taste, though remove all the dry sound.
Then click on a mixerchannel that you want to have that reverb on. Now you'll see a small knob further down on each sendchannel, by increasing it, you increase the volume that goes from your mixerchannel to the sendtrack, in this case the reverb amount.

Steffeeh explained the mapping, but yea man, there's a slim chance that the reverb is bumping up your CPU usage like that. A quick and dirty way to test that is to just turn off all the reverb in the track and see what happens. Running your synth dry to see how much of your CPU it uses on its own may be a good idea.

Steffeeh explained the mapping, but yea man, there's a slim chance that the reverb is bumping up your CPU usage like that. A quick and dirty way to test that is to just turn off all the reverb in the track and see what happens. Running your synth dry to see how much of your CPU it uses on its own may be a good idea.

We can't say the reverb plugin is the bad guy here.

We don't know OPs computer specs, how many VSTs he's using, how many FX are assigned to each of those VSTs channels, how intricate (number of different notes) his track is.

I go with steffeeh on this one: hardly the reverb plugin is the bad guy here. I bet he's doing everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, from kick to pads, inside Massive. So he must have like 45 instances of massive opened, and playing all at the same time. and the guilty one is the poor ol' verb? :D

SO, my Reverb is apparently taxing my CPU, and I'm starting to get the pops and gaps in the audio. My friend is telling me that all the reverb I'm using is being too hard on my track, so that's whats causing it. He suggested that I map the reverb, so instead of using the same reverb on 4 different sounds, I map the 4 sounds into 1 reverb. does anyone know how I can map my sounds like that in FL 11?

as has been noted you have not given us anywhere near the information to make an informed decision as to what your problem really is

cpu: cores? speed?
how much ram?
on-board/external soundcard?
what drivers are you using (ASIO4ALL is fine for a built-in soundcard (one found on the motherboard of your computer) but otherwise you should be using the drivers specifically written for your soundcard)?
what vsts do you have loaded (all of them)?

we might then be able to confirm your friends diagnosis or offer other thoughts as to what the problem is

Back