Attn All Producers!!! Callin All Producers!!

A good beat is usually done over at least 15-20 times. As a producer you will almost always want to add or take away from your arrangement....like somebody said, patience, most tracks that you here from major producers today were probably done and redone a million timess before we heard the finished product

Bezo said:
LOL!

2 recipes in my opinion.

1. Copy what's already hot on the radio like most.
2. Listen to a lot of music and allow yourself to be influenced by tunes you like, while at the same time, creating your own sound.

From there, follow the rest of the advice in the thread. Learn your tools and use your talent.

i do not agree, there is no "recipes" for making hot tracks.
also i would not suggest "copying" what's on the radio", be orignial

what makes a hot beat is......talent and experience.
those are the two elements a producer needs to succeed.

if you make it by copying someones style.. you will not be respected in the long run by those who you are copying.

i can agree however with listening to alot of music.

always remember what seprates the "Dr Dre's" from the "steve's"

www.redboyproductions.com

Last edited:
sinicalmic said:
first you need a blunt wrap and then find a close friend that sells good weed and wont rip you off. roll the weed. smoke the weed. bang your head on the keyboard and you got yourself a tight beat. oh and like 5 years to practice.

WOOOORD

raw_tunes said:
Whats the recipe for making a HOT beat?? Can anyone help??

1. Find people who make pointless troll threads like this

2. [Y'all can finish this]

PG

Just listen to all types of music because the more genres of music that you listen yo, the that is the more expanded you can get with your beats, and from there you take what you know and use that to create your own style.

Bezo said:
LOL!

2 recipes in my opinion.

1. Copy what's already hot on the radio like most.
2. Listen to a lot of music and allow yourself to be influenced by tunes you like, while at the same time, creating your own sound.

with reference to point 1. If you copy the talent that is hot now, by the time you are ready to put out your material either the music of what is considered to be hot now has passed and your material will be considered to sound like the rest and plus you would lose your own unique music style and identity.

In my opinion the recipe for creating a Hot beat is YOURSELF. For example its like saying to a chef whats a good recipe for creating gumbo soup or what carribeans call rice n peas. A chef not tell you a good recipe but only guide you. The rest of the recipe comes from YOURSELF.

Do you understand what i am saying here....

1.develop the skills you already have
2.experiment with different styles and genre's of music. Don't be afraid to go overboad. You will never know what you can come up with.
3. believe in yourself and be confident. Martin Luyther had a dream. why cant you too... (maybe this point here is going overborad...lol)
4. Have Fun

Creativity, tha love of music, and tha want to make **** other than what everybody else is makin!

In my opinion anywayz, but that aint touchin on what really makes good music!

redboy007 said:
i do not agree, there is no "recipes" for making hot tracks.
also i would not suggest "copying" what's on the radio", be orignial

what makes a hot beat is......talent and experience.
those are the two elements a producer needs to succeed.

if you make it by copying someones style.. you will not be respected in the long run by those who you are copying.

i can agree however with listening to alot of music.

always remember what seprates the "Dr Dre's" from the "steve's"

www.redboyproductions.com

On the contrary, I think its helpful to try and copy someone's beat. You obviously wouldn't do it for professional reasons but for personal experience. As you said, experience is important. When you are reproducing someones beat you know exactly what the end result should sound like so you're well guided. You can tell when you're doing it wrong and you are challenged to try various things to get a specific result, unlike when you are doing your own thing and you don't know when you are doing something wrong or exactly how your finished product should sound like. Its a good way to discover and develop techniques and learning how to achieve certain things!

Project Girl said:
1. Find people who make pointless troll threads like this

2. [Y'all can finish this]

PG

Its not pointless actually. Some people are still learning and are not yet skilled enough to make good beats and could use all the advice they can get (like myself). Don't be so rude but rather be considerate. Just because you're already excellent in producing ( assuming that you are, judging from your comment) doesn't mean you must look down at others who are still learning and trash redicule their attempts to get better...

Last edited:
Relevent Muzik said:
and patience patience and patience and more patience i cant say that enuff.. u cant not rush stuff. Sometimes it will come fast to u as far as ideas and thats great but dont rush it out let it come natural
follow that **** word for word and you'll be the **** kid.

new

wasup im new and i would like to know good equipment to get. I allready have a midi keyboard (cheap) and a yamaha mixer

Back