Arp

Drayan

hi guys, not sure where this one should go to. here's the problem. i play single notes on my keyboard which triggers an arpeggiatgor on my triton and i want to record the actual notes produced by the arpeggiator onto cubase. i dont seem find a way to do that. all i can record is just the single notes that i press on the triton. not sure if im explaining it clearly. hope someone has a workaround.

this a hard one...

MIDi doesn't know that you are using a patch that is an arp patch... it only knows that you are on bank X and patch Y. and that you are pressing a key for a duration with a certain attack and velocity + other thing like aftertouch ect...

The arp is a program in your synth that triggers a sequence of notes...

my guess is that you want this sequence to see how it would like on an other patch or instrument... There is a triton here in other other room but I'm too lazy to go see if Korg lets you see the arp program... This is somehting you will have to look up and learn... how to program an apperigator... then you will know how to extract the program... you might get more info from a midi dump of the patch into a midi editor... I would start at the Korg Website... if not try Clavia and Access sites .. it's very technical stuff but if you want to know it, be prepared to spend a lot of time on this...

good luck

It is possible to have your keyboard send out the arpegiatted notes instead of the single note you're pressing. I have a Motif and it allows me to do either or. There should be an option somewhere in the global functions that allows you to change the behavior of the arp. You should be able to find this in the manual.

I'm notsure if this will help.
FL has a built in arp gen and i bet cubase does too... So instead of using your synth to play the entire arp just send the root note into cubase and use the built in generator to finish it off.

Back