Arabic Bass

tette69

Does anybody have (if so, could upload) or know of a vst or soundfont of that arabic bass sound - like the one Storch uses on Lean Back for the bassline during the verses.

If you mean the lead sound, I'm pretty sure that's a tweaked brass patch, maybe layered with some strings and maybe another lead synth.

Last edited:
1. like he told u - its probaply layered this means its not only one sound

2. the sounds he layered are 100 % tweaked - i dont think he uses presets

3. the best thing to do,would be if u use the same equipement - this means the yamaha motif , the rack version is about 1.200 euros.......

hope it helps

besian said:
3. the best thing to do,would be if u use the same equipement - this means the yamaha motif , the rack version is about 1.200 euros.......
lol but the only "equipment" I got is Fl Studio 6, Reason and a midi controller

tette69 said:
lol but the only "equipment" I got is Fl Studio 6, Reason and a midi controller
Then you'll have to experiement, probably like Storch did. I doubt anyone here knows exactly what combination of patches he used, or how each was tweaked any way.

If you experiment, you'd come up with your own unique bass patch, and then everyone could ask, "Does anyone know what Tette69 used for his bass line on that tune?".

I'm not sure I've heard the tune you're referring to, but if it sounds like there's some brass mixed in the patch, start with that. I'm sure Reason has some brass patches. Try adding some strings or synth basses. And if it sounded Arabic, he probably played the line while working with the pitch bend.

I wish people would try sound design instead of just using existing presets.

There is no feeling like creating your own signature sounds.

It's so damn easy once you bend your head around what each section does on any synth.

Try some of my free subtractor tutorials.
At least it will get you creating.

Back