***"Apologize" by Timbaland***

S

Silas(envoy)

Hey fp

Apologize by timbaland is a great song heh?
besides his distant yells its pretty potent. Two things i wanna point out. The music video is totally pointless. they drummer is bashing on his drums wen one can clearly hear other noises. One of the only things that we can be assured of is that that dude is singing..... im looking to get a hold of new more real sounding orchestras and choirs like theirs, any ideas how to make them sound betta or more real or both?
but on the upper side that little technique of layering a beatbox line jus under the main drum is a sick idea. any tellz me wasup.

Silas:sing:

if you listen to the original track by the band, youll notice that its hardly changed apart from the introduction, not the bands best track by far either, im not a fan of timbaland though to be fair. overrated by people who dont really know the craft of producing.

some day i want to be overrated so i can make hits and be on top of the charts all the time :rolleyes:

Last edited:
he didnt produce that song, its identical to the original, they just used his name, and he fiddled around with the introduction. pure marketing.

Hell na i refuse to believe that. so wat ur saying is besides the intro, its the exact same song as before.

no it really isn't the exact same song, timbaland added his drums, the lead vocal was re-recorded, and they took out an instrument I think it was guitar, but don't quote me on that, I haven't heard the original in a while.

can u hook me up with a place of the original track? much appreciated.

hey guys, that song is by one republic. All timbaland did is add a drumbeat to it and put it on his album which meant that a lot of people heard it.....had he not done that the song would have not done well at all. Timbaland just brought it into the limelight.

salvia said:
hey guys, that song is by one republic. All timbaland did is add a drumbeat to it and put it on his album which meant that a lot of people heard it.....had he not done that the song would have not done well at all. Timbaland just brought it into the limelight.

he didnt really even change the beat, merely the drum sounds, i still prefer the original, although it wasnt mixed to its best, i think timb removed or lowered the main piano too, shame, i liked it.

hardly a timbaland track as its made out to be. but anyway im not such a big fan, he cant hold a candle to lavelle as a producer.

FenixOZ said:
he didnt really even change the beat, merely the drum sounds, i still prefer the original, although it wasnt mixed to its best, i think timb removed or lowered the main piano too, shame, i liked it.

hardly a timbaland track as its made out to be. but anyway im not such a big fan, he cant hold a candle to lavelle as a producer.

I couldn't agree more.
Although I have an ENORMOUS respect for Timbaland, I think his version detracted from the brilliant composition of the original. Yes he's got quite the repertoire of drum licks, BUT, it just sounded a little amateur compared to the original. One republic had little to do with the actual crafting of the original song. The song was composed by Greg Wells. Greg is an EXTREMELY talented Canadian composer/musician/multi-instrumentalist who I've had the pleasure of speaking with at another forum. He used some great outboard on that mix making it breathe with an enormous sense of spatial depth. No doubt he had a vintage Chandler on that drum bus. Jeeze.
that's a huge bottom end on that "BOOOOOMMM."

:cheers:

Guys.
Listen to Timbaland's Version ....
Now Listen to this version....
http://youtube.com/watch?v=e9YUOGBntGA
The above link is to the original One Republic song composed by Greg Wells. Brilliant composition. Amazing mix. HUGE bottom end somewhere on that drum bus. Everything just sounds BIGGER to me?
Maybe I'm just insane tho :]

:hello:

owendolmer said:
Guys.
Listen to Timbaland's Version ....
Now Listen to this version....
http://youtube.com/watch?v=e9YUOGBntGA
The above link is to the original One Republic song composed by Greg Wells. Brilliant composition. Amazing mix. HUGE bottom end somewhere on that drum bus. Everything just sounds BIGGER to me?
Maybe I'm just insane tho :]

:hello:

i think peeps were just being sarcastic. errybody here know timbo does shyt like this 24/7. on the other hand, it gave a huge push to one republic.

I haven't listened to the newer version for awhile, but the older one has a much different drum pattern and lacks timbo's percs.....i think then newer one has more rounded drums, these drums are very deep but lackin midrange from what i can hear(then again im listenin at like 1/30 on volume).

I think the original was better aside from I prefered the vocal track on the Timbo remake.

Back