Anyone know where I can find this lead sound?

Kinh

Been trying for a while to program this raw lead sound. Cant seem to get there with Massive or Razor and its drivin' me nuts :cry:
Would really appreciate your help if you know where I could find it, in what synth or if there's a Massive, razor, FM, Omnisphere etc preset bundle I could buy that has it.
Its a strange little sound in that the frequency from the low seems to be maintained in the high (thats where I seem to be going wrong) Very bizarre but really cool.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv-8-EgPEY0
0:20

Its the main driving lead in the verse, gliding.
What do you think?

I think it sounds like phase modulation. So you'll be wanting sytrus or the mod osc in massive.

I will have a play then get back to you.

Update: Think I've got fairly close. I am using synthmaster, but I'm fairly sure you could use massive. I don't own massive, so you'll have to check for me.

1 osc set to PULSE waveform with very narrow pulse width.
Being frequency modulated (not phase modulated) by a sine wave 100% (use the mod osc), possibly 1 octave up, but it doesn't make much difference if you don't or not.

Then bandpass, slightly resonant.
Obviously portamento, about 200ms (0.2s)

Enjoy :)

Last edited:
grab a saw wave, use some multiband distorion and eq it. oh and apply some legato/pitch bending, mess around with the waveform and youre done.

Back