Anyone have this 808?

Thanks for trying bro, but the kick at the weird kick or thump at the beginning makes it very distinctive and hard to recreate trust me bro ive tried for countless hours trying to remake everytime its a fail lol.

Thanks for trying bro, but the kick at the weird kick or thump at the beginning makes it very distinctive and hard to recreate trust me bro ive tried for countless hours trying to remake everytime its a fail lol.

I just updated it with some minor fixes. Just experiment with different kicks layered on the 808 thats what he did. I have some real nice thumpy kicks i could try on it if you want. I agree thats a nasty sound its got to it.

Yea true bro that 808 sounds godlike, i feel like it probably couldnt go wrong with anything trap it might just be the new lex 808 lol

That sounds close as hell bro, when i compare it to the song the thump is so ****ing weird it sounds like a hard reversed kick or sum shit

DirtyThird, you are right. It is a sustained sine (overdriven or distorted) layered with a punchy kick drum.
The kick is tight, not sure I would call it an "808" simply because it has sub frequencies that sustain though.

You can use software synth plugins with great success for this using various different approaches...or , 1YungMurk, you can actually obtain these types of sustained bass drums easily by using CoolEdit, where you simply create a wave of a specific frequency then layer another drum on top of it. These are actually better options (in my opinion) than actually using a derivitive of a tr808 sound and allows much greater control. With practice and experimentation, you WILL end up making doper drum sounds than the one that you are seeking to emulate

Back