Anyone familiar with this kick?

So I decided I'd just go in and attempt this myself even though I've never made this kind of kick before, and found out it was quite easy. I'll also upload the some samples for you to use. You're welcome. Now I'm not a professional, and this was just my attempt, but if you like it. Then go ahead and do what I did.
This is my finished result. Took like 7 minutes.

NOTE! You may have to click the pictures to enlarge them!

Ok so the first thing you need is an bass sample. Like the one in the picture. Which I'll upload for you as well.
808basssample_zps905c9963.png

You can shorten or lengthen this to taste. depending how how fast your song is going.

Then I added my own kick, and EQ'd it just a bit (in next picture). Notice I didn't even EQ the 808 bass? Don't have to lower or boost frequencies all the time, it sounds good already.
addingmyownkick_zps3ed4d6e7.png

Ok so I assigned both of them effect slots, and the routed both these effects slot to one slot, (The Master Slot, AKA Kick Master, Aka drum master whatever you wanna call it) This is a good idea if you want to apply effects to your kick's or just lower and raise the volume you don't have to do it to each slot individually.

usedeqmadekickmasterslotandaddedalimiter_zps5b457677.png
That's about it! That should be the basis or rather the foundation for when you build your own kick samples like the ones in those videos. So uh. Happy music making. And I'll now upload the sound files and then post the link.
EDIT: You could also go in and use a low pass filter and cut it off completely at a higher range if you just wan't the sub, like the kick in the first video sounds like, or do the same effect eq'ing and removing all the high frequencies.

Download these samples. The bass I used in this example was bass(19). I also threw some of my own kick (teksaur kicks) -> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/35iwr1p9uh05c5k/AbQivRBo31

Last edited:
Thanks so much for this!! I will definitely try this out and thanks for the little lesson about making kicks!! You're awesome!!!

Im really digging teksaur kick 3 but do you have a version without the hat in it. Like just the kick by itself?

Im really digging teksaur kick 3 but do you have a version without the hat in it. Like just the kick by itself?
Glad I could help :) Uh as far as kick 3 goes I already deleted the project file, sry :/ But I'm happy you like the kicks =D Also don't forget if you're making your own kicks layering is key.

Last edited:
Back