Any Sho VST or soundfonts out there? Or ways to produce the sound?

aceover9

I obviously don't have the physical instrument available.

Been looking my hardest and am trying to replicate the sound some way. Via VST or soundfont or sample or whatever. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Best Service's Ethno World 5 sample library has a sheng instrument - which is kind of the Chinese thing the shô is based on. It's pretty overkill for just that one instrument, but if it's otherwise interesting...well, maybe worth looking into. Can't say I've used it myself, but I seem to recall it's pretty well regarded.

Ah ok. I literally googled sho initially and couldn't find it. A Chinese company makes a bunch of traditional stuff. Their name is Kong. May not find that one but they have a bunch of cool vsts with key switches which emulate that eastern portamento.

yeah...i don't have that Kontakt library...but I would say that most recent kontakt libraries are the way to go for an authentic sound. the kong one is cool, but definitely does not have quite the same detail of a Kontakt library. bestservice instruments are very top notch.

I know it's been a while but I wanted to thank the people who posted all that helpful information. I'm looking into all those things as well as trying to find an actual sho to use as what I want to play isn't that complex.

Back