Any one hear classically music trained?

proez

Any one here let me kno if their classically music trained, how long u been doin it, how it effects your music also if you've trained in different genres of music how does it compare? much appreciated.

I've been taking lessons for quite a number of years now in several different genres and aspects of music (mainly classical).

I feel like it definitely helps me when it comes down to melodies, chord progressions, etc. I think it also helps in fine tuning your ear so you can listen more effectively.

started guitar at 7 years, had some help but wasnt trained as such... as my guitar and group/band career unfolded, i also studied clarinet at school from 9yrs olod until I was 18, up to grade 7 and did Alevel music but hated it... it was all classical stuff, composing, keys, orchestration, 4 part harmony, modes, chord theory etc... I hated it sooo mcuh (did I mention that?) but looking back I learned some very useful things and dont regret it !!

i did violin and piano up to grades 8 and 6 respectively, and throughout my whole school career was the leader in different regional orchestras. All my contemporary music styles and skills have come from my base knowledge of classical music. Ive recently started playing piano more to help songwriting skills, but if it wasnt for my violin training, i wouldnt have been able to teach myself drums and electric/bass guitar or even do a lot of my music production.

Im not formally trained but i studied classical harmony, counterpoint, composition etc on my own. It is one of the most useful things you will ever have to learn, although it will appear to be a pain in the ass at first. But then it becomes subconscious and you realize how much it helps.
It basically takes your music from amateur to pro.

im sorry but what i know as classically trained means you are trained to play your instrument for any type of dance(genre) like jamie foxx

proez said:
Any one here let me kno if their classically music trained, how long u been doin it, how it effects your music also if you've trained in different genres of music how does it compare? much appreciated.

I am. For about 9 years. I learned classical guitar/Composing. It helps a lot. I am also a classically trained vocalist. That helps a whole lot. I can't stand the way almost anyone sings now because I hear all the wrong things they do. I appreciate and understand music more and it helps me create and play it a lot.

took piano lessons for 5 years, studied music theory and song structure extensively durin that time. it definitely helps for sure, to already have a basic framework to build hot and most importantly catchy melodies on. knowing things like which harmonies evoke what feeling, how to create question and answer phrases, that **** is priceless knowledge. i'd definitely advise atleast studyin some theory if not taking full on lessons.

I wish I had the patience to devote myself to intensive study of music composition - I'm absolutely certain it would give you a much more sturdy base of skills from which to expand your music. I think that would apply to virtually any genre of music too. Good on you guys for getting so involved in it all, it must be very liberating to have such a level of control over your creations!

did that in school. Just about till grade 4. but amzaing what things i can do now in music because of what I learnt. I SEE chords when I hear them, with a 2nd pair of eyes, if you get what i mean.

Back