Any ideas how to create this sound?

it sounds quite simple to me. there is an ambient type sound that accompanies the piano that fades in slowly, leading up to the part you reference. then it becomes more prominent... it has a slow LFO assigned to the pitch. this sound has a lot of delay on it as well.

then, when it's being played, he is maybe pitch bending it a little bit with the pitch wheel...or enhancing that LFO's effect on the pitch by using the mod wheel (assuming the mod wheel is assigned to the previously mentioned LFO) but basically the pitch is being modulated on the pad, somehow...the volume of the pad is also fluctuating throughout the song.

on a synth, this sound will have a slow attack, somewhat of a long release...sounds like sine waves to me with pitch shifts assigned on the envelope.
...also sounds like a digital synth or vst.
the piano parts and sounds almost immediately reminded me of Clint Mansell.

Last edited:
it sounds quite simple to me. there is an ambient type sound that accompanies the piano that fades in slowly, leading up to the part you reference. then it becomes more prominent... it has a slow LFO assigned to the pitch. this sound has a lot of delay on it as well.

then, when it's being played, he is maybe pitch bending it a little bit with the pitch wheel...or enhancing that LFO's effect on the pitch by using the mod wheel (assuming the mod wheel is assigned to the previously mentioned LFO) but basically the pitch is being modulated on the pad, somehow...the volume of the pad is also fluctuating throughout the song.

on a synth, this sound will have a slow attack, somewhat of a long release...sounds like sine waves to me with pitch shifts assigned on the envelope.
...also sounds like a digital synth or vst.
the piano parts and sounds almost immediately reminded me of Clint Mansell.
thanks, my dude

These delays come stock in Logic... logic's lates treverb also has many of these ghosting type effects... its definitely just the piano bussed to the delay that has a pitched effect in it that warbles it.. Enigma could produce the same effect on a bus with a delay as well..

Though Logic has the best reverbs and delays for this type of effect :)

Back