Any good software that can help teach music theory/composition/orchestration?

World Wide

I wanna step up my composition/orchestration skills, but trying to learn from books is not working as well as it could.

Is there any good software out there that would help? Something more interactive?

Or hell even maybe DVDs or something? Something more visual?

Any help is appreciated.

simple chord

Do you use mac? If you do go to apples website and download a program called simple cord which would help with chords and progressions. Hope this helps

Rimsky-Korsakov's guide available free online (I forget where - one of the orchestral sample library makers I believe). Walter Piston's Orchestration.

If you don't want to get entrenched in the language, try Sibelius software's Aurelia and Instruments.

World Wide said:
I wanna step up my composition/orchestration skills, but trying to learn from books is not working as well as it could.

Is there any good software out there that would help? Something more interactive?

Or hell even maybe DVDs or something? Something more visual?

Any help is appreciated.
Music Theory itself is almost something that needs to be learned from picking up. Programs have absolutely no knowledge what so ever, it's the person behind the hardware/software that does the work.

Last edited:
Back