Any good DVD's about learning piano?

cntspitfiya

Ive been doing beats for nearly 2 years now, and want to really learn how to play the piano. Does anyone know of any dvd's because a personal coach is kind of out the question.

No, sorry I haven't used it, just recommending it based on what someone else said. I have been reading this and it has helped me out a lot with my ability to improvise stuff. I can't recommend it as the end-all to music theory books because it is small and there are much more in depth books out there.

Last edited:
I teach myself several instruments from books, CDs & DVDs, and about 90% of them are from Alfred Publishing. They have general and genre specific books/CDs/DVDs, and the titles are all the same... Beginning Jazz Keyboard, Intermediate Blues Keyboard, Mastering Rock Keyboard, ect. Try searching for the level and genre you need.

I like their stuff because they're equally good at giving theory information and examples to help you understand.

And it's good to see people trying to master their craft. Unless you're among the most gifted musicians, just "playing around until you get something" can only take you so far.

http://www.showmethat.com

It's gospel oriented, but you can adapt the techniques they show you to your own music style. Most of the piano videos would obviously work in R&B. Especially the turnarounds.

Back