Any advice for a good hip hop track

shavo B

Im a 14 year old producer/beat-maker/musician and im used to making Old School hip hop tracks but i need some help with finding the right instruments for a catchy beat any advice?

Im a 14 year old producer/beat-maker/musician and im used to making Old School hip hop tracks but i need some help with finding the right instruments for a catchy beat any advice?

I would tell you if you're trying to do something current...listen to the radio...to me it seems these guys are making things bass heavy and snare oriented with some of the most annoying synth loops you can find...

"some of the most annoying synth loops you can find..." LOL yeah, i have to say i dont really like the direction mainstream "hip hop" has taken. It seems to have more in common with 90's eurohouse than funk, soul, jazz etc. But each generation like to do things differently.

One thing I notice is the inclusion of an 808 clap and general roland drum machine sounds or their emulations. I would say make sure you got some kind of drum machine going on...

Back