another simple question

NinoBrown

what octave exactly do you techincally have to play on when you play notes/chords from the treble clef aka left hand? Im always feeling unsure...is it exactly the octave below the one with the middle C or 2 below it?

I apologize for asking this simple question. I think i posted it out of frustration, I shoulda known better at the time.

The C below the treble staff is middle C. The first leger line above the bass staff is the same note.

I assume you meant the bass clef with left hand, Nino. The note C4 is middle C, so the octave immediately below that is octave 3.

Make sense?

Krushing is right, some bass patches sound good on C1, some sound better on C2. Depends on the programming if it's a synth and if it's sampled it depends on whether it's acoustic or synthesized. You should know bass when you hear it tho. If not, play low 'til it sounds like crap then raise it one octave..

the treble clef is also known as the G clef because it starts on the G above middle C. the bass clef is the F clef because it starts on the F beneath middle C, c3. just listen, some are too deep to get a good tone out of. its all about what sounds good to you.

Back