AM, RM, FM synthesis?

Strifer

I've been teaching myself the basic concepts of these forms of synthesis, but the book I'm reading fails to provide some in depth info on the concepts involved, and instead feeds you more esoteric terms. So, maybe someone can provide some good info, on this, especially AM synthesis. I know the basics of how it inovlves a carrier and a modulator, but this talk of frequency sidebands and such is still a little confusing. I'm asking cuz I've also searched google, but you don't get too many good sites.

You are talking about FM synthesis...Basicly the thing about the sidebands is that they are the harmonics that the carrier makes when the modulator modulates it.There is a lot of math involved with it but I dont think its necessary to get involved with unless you really love math and you like to get into details.The relation between a C and M are expressed in ratio,some are harmonic,meaning that they produce harmonic sidebands and the others are not...

If you use absynth,go to absynth yahoo users (google) and you will find a nice FM tutorial there that will teach you how to produce soem basic sounds with FM in absynth.

I really havent got into it that much but there are good FM synthesis articles outhere,just use google...

I think Computer Music`s site has a good one...

Back