For all those who wanna learn basic chords

Thanks For The Information I'm Gon' Def' Check It Out, You Got Any Suggestions For What Kick Drums, Bass, And Other Instruments To Use For That Genuine Hip Hop Sound On Fl 7?

LAW_1988 said:
Thanks For The Information I'm Gon' Def' Check It Out, You Got Any Suggestions For What Kick Drums, Bass, And Other Instruments To Use For That Genuine Hip Hop Sound On Fl 7?

Digging and Sampling is the way of the genuine HIpHop sound...But there are also sampling packs you can order that make this process easier as far as drums go. Plenty places to download as well...generally for free, even. Google it. (Hiphop drums, hiphop bass, etc) This will get you started.

Once you develop an ear for what you're looking for, you'll begin to edit presets to get additional sounds...

Dude this is a place to learn

nwo504 said:
i just figured that out on my own.
This is a learning place. If you know that's good for you but let other people that don't benefit from it. That's the whole purpose of this site a place where you can learn and teach at the same time and for right now you ain't doing either.

If your interested in chord structure theres a good site chordwizard it explains music theory in an uncomplicated way without having to buy anything.

If I remember right it's just R-3-3, and R-3-4

or Root Note - 3 half steps, then 3 more half steps for major

or Root Note - 3 Half steps, then 4 more half steps for minor

or did I switch it on the minor?

ThaNinjaMonkey88 said:

You got th concept but it's backwards it's R-4-3 for Major and R-3-4 for minor but those ar just the basics, using variations will tak your music to a higher level. Check out these two sites and use them to complement each other:
looknohands.com
chordmaps.com
they will provide you with all the knowledge you need to be creative and explore new dimensions in music.
if you already know all the information on those two websites you are already enjoying the power of music, if not don't let the challenge discourage you

ThaNinjaMonkey88 said:

You got th concept but it's backwards it's R-4-3 for Major and R-3-4 for minor but those ar just the basics, using variations will tak your music to a higher level. Check out these two sites and use them to complement each other:
looknohands.com
chordmaps.com
they will provide you with all the knowledge you need to be creative and explore new dimensions in music.
if you already know all the information on those two websites you are already enjoying the power of music, if not don't let the challenge discourage you

Last edited:
Back