For All of Those Who Need Help Coming Up With Chord Progressions.......

Cam'rox

I have found an excellent resource for u!!!!! Understanding chords and their functions and how they flow together is important to every composer or beatmaker or producer or whatever u call urself. this site will definitely help u out in understanding chords and chord theory!! i use it myself btw.

check it out: http://mugglinworks.com/chordmaps/index.htm

hope this helps anyone!

:cheers:

Last edited:
i just clicked on your post to see what your talking about,

.....i like it bro!! more people should learn about music theory, it's not as hard as it looks, if you take on concepts slowly. THE REWARDS definitely outway the time taken to take it in.

Your beats will sound infinitely better written and just more ear candy to keep the listener enjoying&listening

Well done Cam'rox, spread the knowledge

definitely got confused when they started labeling certain chords on the keyboards... The chords just weren't what they were labeled as... at least not in my knowledge... but i feel like there is something i'm not catching onto...

Sleazy E said:
definitely got confused when they started labeling certain chords on the keyboards... The chords just weren't what they were labeled as... at least not in my knowledge... but i feel like there is something i'm not catching onto...

o, that's becuz theyre inverted. for example, in part 2 he shows the D, A, and G chords in root position, 1st inversion, and 2nd inversion respectively. and if a chord is inverted, as long as the notes are the same, it is still that chord, regardless of what order the notes are in. for example, a C chord played like this: C-E-G, is still a C chord if it were played like this: E-G-C.

hope this helps. lemme kno

Last edited:
No thank you...

Cam'rox said:
o i see. thanks for the heads up. i jus checked it out. i jus discovered that he simply moved the site to this link:

http://mugglinworks.com/chordmaps/index.htm

i edited my original post as well.

but there u go. that one works.

thanks again for the heads up! i didnt even notice until u said something.

I thought it was another resource on the web that didn't work for me for some reason. But, in reading it it was well worth it. Its not completly understandable but, I certainly digg most parts of it. Good Influence. Be Blessed :angel:

Cam'rox said:
o, that's becuz theyre inverted. for example, in part 2 he shows the D, A, and G chords in root position, 1st inversion, and 2nd inversion respectively. and if a chord is inverted, as long as the notes are the same, it is still that chord, regardless of what order the notes are in. for example, a C chord played like this: C-E-G, is still a C chord if it were played like this: E-G-C.

hope this helps. lemme kno

that helps alot, was kind of confused, Thanks

nice post man. deffinately gonna bookmark this haha good stuff.

Desimnyc said:
Too damn confusing for me...that's for smart people...I'm an idot :-) Good site homie

It's just like learning to read... Or a new language.... How long did that take you?? It just takes alot of time and learning...

^^^ glad its helpin u. i've been workin on it for awhile now. and everythings coming along really nicely for me. i love that site.

^^^ hahaha. what an ******* lol. but yea, i guess its not for everyone. Music theory can be pretty difficult to a beginner, so i understand. just stick with it, u'll get it eventually.

Besides, it helped some of us so thats all that matters. puts us all 3 steps ahead of everyone else.

Back