Alchemist sound...

robochrist

The synth is in this ALC beat sounds so vicious and mean, I want it. I have Trilogy and I tried all the presets, but nothing sounded even close. It sounded a bit like an Oberheim though.

I'm talking about the the main synth, I think he used a very similar synth on Follow the Dollar. God, I want this so bad.

You can get this sound with a moog, and I know for a fact that Alc owns one. The best software options would be Arturia Minimoog and Gforce Minimonsta, both sounds great. Different opinions on which ones the better, but most people find that the Minimoog is best for bass while the Minimonsta is better for leads.

id do what MFK said ive got both Arturia Minimoog and G Force Minimonsta, i guarantee you will be able to acheive that sound. an original moog will cost you sh*tloads, i think even the new baby one (lil phatty) is about £900

Thanks for the advice. I got the Arturia Minimoog and I managed to get it to sound very close to that. Again, thanks!

its a minimoog preset (or very close to one). on tunes like Nothin On Me he uses a lot of portamento, ive also noticed he actually does this with samples which is a really weird thing to do but it obviously works.

theres enough of videos of Alc's studio, particuarly from the era he made these beats, so just peep them and youll see what synth hes using/ but like the guy above me said, it is a moog.

Back